Monday, June 27, 2005

What I'm doing now

Last night a couple friends came over and we got into talking about investing and passive income. We ended up playing CashFlow 101 for the next three or four hours, and playing the game again sparked up my interest in this topic again.

Now today I've been exploring and reading material from www.investopedia.com.

From my first impression after 24 hours, this site is GREAT! I mean, not only does it have a lot of information FOR FREE, but it's sorted well, and bonus of bonuses, there's an Online Trading Simulator that allows you to work with play money using real stock market data (15 min delayed, etc).

The simulator itself has a community aspect which is neat, in that it allows you to enter into specific simulations with other people - for instance, I have one "game" going that gave me $1,000 USD to start with and has 300 other players in the game. I have another game that gave me $100,000 CDN and there are over a thousand people in that game.

So, today I ventured over to the tutorial section of the Investopedia site, and started at the first article. I printed out articles as I found I wanted to read them in depth, as I prefer reading paper that stays still, considering all the flashing and moving banner ads on all the free informational sites these days.

I've decided Bonds and Mutual funds are really not the way I want to go, so my next path of reading is about the stock market, which is where the online trading simulator piqued my interest.

Tomorrow, I will continue reading, and see if the stocks I "bought" today changed at all in the 24 hour period ;)

Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home