Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Another productive day

My short term, day-to-day goal with this "real estate thing" is to do four or five things every day that have to do with it. I believe this slowly-but-surely attitude is best for me, and really when I look back at things they'll progress quite quickly even though I feel like I'm laying back in terms of pressure on myself.

Today I did the following things, in no particular order of importance:


  • Fed some of the goals that were swirling around in my head into My 43 Things To Do List
  • Made my first call to a realty company in an attempt to start the process of finding realtors to help me find quality investment property
  • Looked up real estate lawyers in my city, and pondered how to talk to them about my goals. Planning to make this my first question to the Member Advisors I have access to as a result of the seminar I took.
  • Recorded my bird-dogging attempts to this point
  • Listed a $25 classified ad with the local newspaper, with a "stop foreclosure" bent. It'll run one day and I've listed my cell phone as a contact number. I plan to chat with my Member Advisors about this before the ad goes into the paper this weekend.
  • Registered a domain for stopping foreclosure in my local market. I tried to put up a basic one-page site to get the site indexed by some search engines but ran into a temporary snag. Instead I put up a one-page thing on another domain I own (sorry won't list it here) which links to the new domain. This page can be indexed and then at a later time, re-direct visitors to the new domain.
  • Updated my personal site http://www.somechickslife.com - added a Canadian Real Estate Resources section, complete with a few links to sites I've found useful myself. Added Google ads to the site - text only so they're not flashing or graphically annoying. Hopefully I'll get some click-thru's once in a while, the passive income is the goal after all!

Now I don't feel bad venturing over to my other passtime... Runescape ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home