Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Creating Wealth using Real Estate, Robert Allen

Wow, man. I didn't know what to expect at that Real Estate seminar that Joel and I went to on Monday afternoon, but it's now Tuesday evening and I'm still excited.

The seminar turned out to be a 2-hour introduction to a 3-day intense seminar + a year of various support services if one decided they wanted to take action and pay $4000Cdn for the Robert Allen training, but the seminar itself was INTENSELY helpful and interesting, and man if I had room on my credit card I might have signed up...

But no, mainly because that's a significant purchase and I'd never make that decision without consulting my husband, and I do believe it's an understanding we share at this point in our lives.

Still, one day I do want to take this seminar, but I think I need to move forward a little more by myself first before I can use them to launch me into being a millionaire. I'll be taking this seminar within the next year.

The premise of Robert Allen's successes are based upon "no money down" by using creative financing, and purchasing of homes from "motivated sellers" so you can buy under market value, or at market value with terms that are financially rewarding for you but still meet the ultimate needs of the seller. He does recommend you build your own credit as Carleton Sheets does, but it's not where he starts, and in fact he gives ideas for those who have NO credit and no money and no job, etc.

I came home and did some searching online and found the ebook of the course available on www.ebay.ca as well as Robert's 50 Nothing Down Techniques and an audiobook of the Creating Wealth with Real Estate system. I'm reading through the Nothing Down techniques in my car when I have a few minutes to kill, parked by the side of the road as I pick up my roommate from work every day, and I'm reading the ebook when I feel like reading, then listening to the audiobook when I feel like listening. It's all VERY VERY INTERESTING!

The ebook is excellent, although it's based on US laws, not Canadian ones like would be offered if I went to a Canadian workshop. A standard problem when purchasing online for us Canadians ;)

I think I'm going to go lay on the couch and cuddle with the various cats who like to cuddle when I lay on the couch, and I'm going to listen to the first 2 or maybe 3 parts of 32 half-hour audio segments.

My biggest problem with this whole thing right now is FEAR! I'm excited but I'm scared, too!! I will be taking action over the next few days to move towards being able to follow Robert Allen's recommendations, even though I'm not going to the seminar this time (hey, maybe I'll travel to Vancouver when it's offered there next time!), and I'll write all about it here!

Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home