Friday, August 26, 2005

Recording conversations for my own use

I'd imagine most people wouldn't like to know their phone call has been recorded, no matter for what the reason. But I'm going to record my phone call with my mentor advisor today, just the same.

I am not going to share the phone call, I'm just going to use it for my own things. Specifically, I hate knowing DURING the conversation that I'm probably going to forget more than half of what I'm being told, and I'm going to have to ask again later on. I tried to type up some things that Reid said last night on my first call but I'd really rather just talk and think, not talk, think, formulate and type. Sooooo... I'll record this one.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to record the whole thing however, because my recorder device hasn't been used for about 5 yrs and I'm sure the batteries will die quickly, because they're from the same time period. But it's a start and I'll make sure to buy more batteries - rechargable ones of course.

Speaking of rechargable batteries, who outside of my family remembers the purple-colored rechargeables from the 80's? They rocked :)

I'll post about how the convo went, later.

Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home