Monday, August 29, 2005

Slow and steady...

I spent a lot of time on the weekend working on my new business website (not live yet) and on educating myself.

I found a bunch of local sites that gave me information on my city, its laws and real estate associations, and after a few hours of reading a bunch of really great stuff, my head was humming with new information to sort through and store.

I spent a few hours working on my new website as well. I probably worked 20-30 min on my site, then 30-45 min reading and collecting useful informational links online, then back to working on my site again... this tends to be the way I work.

I'm not a strong HTML'er but I can hold my own given a template to start from, so I found a free web template online and started doing my work cleaning the content of the template out so I could put in my own content cleanly. I haven't figured out what my content will be, exactly, but I have a few ideas that are simmering in the back of my brain. I'll post the URL here when the site is launched.

As I surfed around and found sites and articles that gave me reason to think, I created a questions list for the different mentors I have to find. Now that I have some questions, it's easier to be motivated to make the call to start to test some people out for the role.

I called this afternoon and left a message with a local real estate lawyer I found by searching online. I reviewed his bio and history and that of his colleagues and I feel this guy is the best choice. We'll see how it goes :)

Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home