Thursday, July 14, 2005

Life involves pain

I got my final wisdom tooth taken out yesterday, in an oral surgeon's chair. He had to shave down my jawbone a bit to be able to pull the tooth out.

OH... THE... SOUNDS....
Nasty nasty nasty.

Then, last night my husband and I had a bit of a chat about things bothering us recently, and he said something about us "going broke".

I think it's damned funny that now that I've started to get our finances organized and in line, my husband is telling me we're going broke. Before that, I guess we would have just GONE broke and what from there?

I guess it's good I'm doing this, and doubly good that I'm aware that BY doing this I'm bringing stressful thoughts into our household that we were hiding from before.

The stressful thoughts don't bother me in two ways: First, I'm not stressed about the situation, I feel confident we'll be able to make a big dint in our non-house debts with very little effort. Second, I'm doing the work and have committed to spending afternoons working on finance and investment-related things, so I know something is being done instead of just being left.

It's important!!

Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home