Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Found my first real real estate mentor

Excellent!

I went for lunch (sushi) with a friend-of-a-friend, a guy who has been a real estate investor for about 6 years and owns a number of cashflow positive rental houses which have very low turnover and high occupancy complete with tenants who are more respectful of their property because they're paying over $1000/month in rent on an ongoing basis. He's also bought and sold about 30 properties on top of the ones he's retained for passive income. He's in his mid-thirties and has already retired but then came back to work because he got BORED.

Yah, this is an excellent mentor for me to have been lucky enough to be referred to. And as a superb bonus, he's one of those people who finds joy in helping other people get to the same financial freedom he's attained and he offered to walk me through my first couple of deals from start to finish!!! I'm really excited!

He's going to hook me up with some realtors, give me the names of the different lawyers he uses for different aspects of his real estate ventures, and take a peek at some of our personal financials and our house to see if there's equity that can be realized to fund getting the first rental property and postive cashflow situation set up.

My first action from here, once I get the details through email, is to contact the realtors and start getting out there and looking at homes. Since my afternoons can be dedicated to this, I expect to have a lot of "looking at houses" posts coming up very shortly :)

And in closing, I'd like to say that I was pleased to note that one of the laywers I had selected to call on my own was actually one of the lawyers that TJ uses :)

TTFN!

Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home