Monday, July 04, 2005

End of a long weekend.

I took a trip to visit family this past weekend, and talked a bit about investing, but mainly took a break from it and enjoyed myself.

I'm looking forward to the markets opening tomorrow in the US, although really, my play investments aren't going to change much in the next 25 days.

I've still got work to do to prepare for our financial planner/accountant's visit on Thursday afternoon, but it's just sorting statements and plunking numbers into a spreadsheet I already worked out as an effective way to show our spending over the past few months. I'm confident I'll be bringing materials and data displayed in a way that will make my meeting with him productive and easy right from the start.

I fear tracking expenditures in the future, however, as my husband and I make a lot of small cash purchases and don't keep our receipts very well. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I think the best mindset for this is one of incremental improvement - if it's better than it was, that's great... yes, it could be better but is your time best spent on bettering it right now, or bettering something else?

That paradigm is part of my cleaning mindset, too, incidentally.

Tomorrow evening I get together with Joel to play CashFlow 101, the board version. Looking forward to chatting with him, playing, and seeing his new investment program on the PC.

Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home