Saturday, July 09, 2005

A lot to learn about stocks.

I have some stocks that are doing really well in my play portfolio. One's gone up 48% since I bought into it a couple of weeks ago... another has gone up 25%. For both I had invested in 200-300 shares and they were under $5 each share, and between the two, my investments are up about $400.

I do have a number of stocks that have changed for better or for worse by between 2-8% but these two stocks stand way out in my list.

Of course, now I don't know what to do. I mean, my stocks have sharply increased for both, does that mean I should be getting out now? Will I be upset if the stock continues to go up? Maybe I should sell half my shares and keep half? Or maybe I should do some options, to sell off if the price starts to drop, but still let the value increase without me losing out?

So many thoughts going through my head. So much reading to do, so much to learn.

Right now I'm reading "When I Say No, I Feel Guilty", which is a "systematic assertive therapy" book highly recommended for and by people who have to deal with manipulative things in their lives (malicious manipulative or not, doesn't matter). I will get back to reading about stocks and stuff like that soon enough.

And I will continue to play Cashflow 202 eGame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home