Wednesday, July 06, 2005

This will NEVER be me

On Monday morning I drove through my regular coffee shop drive-thru and bought my morning hot drink, and in wanting to be friendly, I asked my regular coffee lady if she had been lucky enough to have a long weekend, seeing that she works in the service industry.

She responded that during the day she works for the coffee shop, and early in the mornings, she cleans one of the local bars. She didn't have time off for long weekends with this type of schedule.

I cringed on the inside, and I'm sure my facial expression must have shown SOMETHING... here I am working towards making it so I can be MORE lazy, and here's someone who's working her tail off at jobs that do not pay well.

I kind of feel guilty when I look at her now, but I won't let myself hold on to that guilt because I really have nothing to feel guilty about - we all make our choices, and we all get good luck and bad luck coming to us in different ways, which we handle differently.

I am thankful for the life I have and for the path I am walking on!

Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home