Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Letting the long weekend stall me

This past weekend I really did nothing, other than watch Carleton Sheets DVD's that TJ gave me. I went to listen to my Robert Allen stuff again but my roommate came downstairs to play on her computer and visit with me and the cats, so I put on music instead. There are times when she's perfectly fine with listening to my "take over the world" stuff, but she's had a headache going on for a couple of days so instead we shared background noise in the form of music.

On Tuesday I jumped back on the horse, however, by emailing updated search criteria to RealtorTim and emailing TJ as well, hoping we can get together on Thursday evening. Setting this "date" with TJ gives me a deadline to find all the materials I'm supposed to be getting to him, in terms of finances so he can determine how much $$ we have for our first deal.

I also called another realtor who I saw listed as selling specifically to private investors - foreclosures, rehabs, income property, etc... I left a message with the answering service at about 7:30 PM expecting to chat with the realtor this morning during regular hours, and the guy called me back at 8:30, apologizing for "taking so long"! We set up a tentative meeting for Thursday at 11:30 AM but he didn't have his schedule in front of him so he asked me if he could confirm this morning.

This morning he called at about 8:30 am and confirmed our 11:30 appointment, and gave me the information I need to buzz up to his office once we nailed down where to meet.

I'm quite impressed that he called at 8:30 PM to follow up with my call from earlier, perhaps he'll be someone available on weekends, as well, without this being a big pain for him.

Apparently this guy works 85% with private investors and used to be a private investor himself years ago. This is good information to know, as I know I'm working with someone experienced. I'll have to ask him why he got out of private investing however, or if he even did.

I went for a walk last night around the neighborhood, and I write about it in this entry over in my karate/physical health blog. I noticed that the new private real estate magazine comes out on Friday, I'll grab one of those then and start making calls over the weekend to get some practice in with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home