Thursday, September 01, 2005

My First Investment Realtor

Tim's his name. He's a referral from that friend-of-a-friend, TJ, since TJ uses this guy to find some of his real estate deals.

Today Tim called me and we had a little chat about what kind of properties I was looking to get into, and I told him my starting criteria. He called me again about 30 minutes later saying he had 17 hits in the MLS, and he requested my email address so he could email the results. I was to contact him back with the MLS #'s of the properties I wanted to check out, and we'd go from there.

I looked at the properties and realized I hadn't narrowed my criteria for him quite enough - I'll chat with him about that when we're in person next, which might be as early as tomorrow afternoon. At any rate, I narrowed down the properties and came up with four that looked like good deals, one of which had the strong possibility of being a motivated seller. I called Tim and left a message on his machine about the MLS#s of these houses.

Tim called me back after he had quickly reviewed the status of the properties again, and it turns out that the motivated seller property looks like it had been updated to 'conditionally sold', so we may not be able to even go and see it. But the other three look like they're still for sale, so he was going to do further research and see if we could go and see the properties starting tomorrow afternoon.

In the mean time, I need to find our notices of tax assessment from the last 3 years for TJ as part of this "how much $$ do you have for your first downpayment?" question he's helping me answer.

Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home