Friday, October 14, 2005

Passive Income From Knowledge

Hey cool. I have been keeping moving forward on my Real Estate stuff, but I've also been writing in a few different blogs, and a few weeks into one of my new ones, the traffic started to pick up rather nicely from MSN.

This is not a lame plug for my other site, so I'm not even going to tell you WHAT site it is. Just that I get about 300 unique visitors a day to it from what I can see in the logs, and because the Ads on the site are unobtrusive and relevant to the content and to what the viewers of my website are seeking, I get a decent click-through, although I'm told the 7-10% click-thru rate I get is "low". I'm okay with that for now, it's bringing in a few bucks a day that wasn't being generated before.

I've got about 6 personal blogs going, under different topics that I enjoy. I like to reflect these different parts of me separately because I find all together, they're too confusing.

The blog that is doing well is a helpful information site for a popular online game that's been running for a few years already, and it's attracting a fair amount of traffic because there are so few sites like it out there for this game.

Right now, MSN is the only one really dishing results for this site, but slowly other search engines are indexing the information and sending people through.

As for Google, I'm in their "sandbox" right now, and I'm quite confident that once my site is fully indexed and listed there, I'll have a noticable increase in traffic just from search engine queries from there.

It's fun to log into Google's Adsense site every day and look at the building income, but now I'm looking to improve the amount coming in, by creating informational blogs on topics that are better-paying and by using more of my knowledge on popular topics to attract return visitors.

I'll let you know how it goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home